Sunday 23 January 2011

It Tolls for Thee


Andy Coulson's resignation was almost as long coming as Gordon Brown's. Rather than adding my own analysis, I thought I would simply include a few quotes which capture the story (so far).
George Osborne, "Andy... was a patriotic servant of this country."

John Prescott, "An editor not knowing the sources of his stories would be incompetent."

Andrew Neill, " the approach by the police is unfathomable."

Tory backbencher (quoting Napoleon.), " the graveyards of France are full of indispensable men."

"Hacking phones became the default position for getting stories." Andrew Neill again.

Max Clifford, "A lot of very powerful people won't want any of this coming out."

Alistair Campbell, "I have always got on perfectly well with Andy Coulson."

And finally Coulson himself, before a Parliamentary Committee, " I do not remember...I do not recall... I have no evidence...as to whether or not this is correct...I don't know. I know as much as you do, you may know even more."

No comments: